Note that at the moment ongoing development happens inside the trunk with version 4.2.0 SNAPSHOT. Last released WSO2 code is located in branch version 4.1.0 with Carbon platform version 4.1.2.
Build the trunk
- Checkout Orbit from https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/orbit/trunk/
- Checkout Kernel from https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/kernel/trunk/
- Checkout Platform from https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/platform/trunk/
- Install Apache Maven 3 in your computer.
- Go to the checked out directories and build with Maven of orbit, kernel and platform code respectively. (Use command, mvn clean install)
- If any errors comes with tests use the command mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
- If the build is properly building and you are fortunate you will get all the products as zip files in each product. For example WSO2 BAM will be there in platform/trunk/products/bam/modules/distribution/target directory.
- But most probably you will not be able to build all the products well at the same time and it will take much time as well. So you can build the product only you want as follows. Comment the products module in platform/trunk/pom.xml . Then after building all three orbit, kernel and platform, you can manually build the product/s you want. For example if you only want to build WSO2 BAM, go to platform/trunk/products/bam and build with command mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
Build the Branch 4.1.0
- Checkout orbit from https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/orbit/branches/4.1.0/
- Checkout kernel from https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/kernel/branches/4.1.0/
- Checkout platform from https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/platform/branches/4.1.0/
- Follow the exact steps 4, 5 and 6 mentioned under the topic, "Build the trunk".
- In 7th step, use the directory path, branches/4.1.0/products/bam/2.3.0/modules/distribution/target as the BAM pack location.
- Then follow the 8th step by commenting the product module in branches/4.1.0/pom.xml and building the BAM in location, branches/4.1.0/products/bam/2.3.0
Build a Tag
When already there is a released product, best way to build it, is by checking out the tag of the released version. The reason is that even the branch may be committed after the release by a mistake.
For this example lets continue with WSO2 BAM 2.3.0. It has orbit version 4.1.0, kernel version 4.1.0 and platform version 4.1.2. You can checkout these three from https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/orbit/tags/4.1.0/ , https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/kernel/tags/4.1.0/ and https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/platform/tags/4.1.2/ . Then continue building in the same way as earlier.